Kobe Bryant’s Pregame Rituals
Kobe Bryant was arguably one of the greatest players in NBA history. His work ethic and dedication to the game of basketball was unmatched. One key element to Kobe’s success was his pre-game rituals, which many athletes use to prepare mentally and physically before a game.
Kobe had a few routines that he would perform before every game to help him focus and clear his head.
- Visualization: Kobe would often spend 10-15 minutes visualizing how he wanted the game to go. This helped him to stay focused and anticipate plays before they happened.
- Meditating: By engaging in mindfulness meditation, Kobe was able to calm his mind and clear away any distractions that may have been affecting his performance.
- Listening to Music: Kobe was a big fan of rap music and he would always listen to music to pump him up before a game.
Kobe also had various physical rituals he would perform before every game.
- Foam Rolling: While foam rolling is now a popular post-workout ritual, Kobe would use it to help his body recover and prepare for game-play
- Dynamic Warm-Up: Kobe would complete a dynamic stretch before every game which included lunges, high-knees, arm circles and lateral skips
- Shooting: Kobe was known for his incredible shooting ability, so it’s no surprise that he would practice his shot before every game.
Kobe’s pre-game rituals helped him to stay focused, mentally and physically prepare for the game ahead and ultimately helped him become one of the greatest players in NBA history.